Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Progress Reports

Lori called to give me the one week report on Belle. She told me Belle's doing pretty well except in the areas that I knew would be an issue; counter-surfing, kennel, and come. Lori introduced her to the nearby babbling brook, which due to the recent melt-down, is a wanna-be raging river. Belle wasn't so sure she wanted to take it on. Surprising for my otherwise water dog. Maybe she thinks it should be placid and calm like the alley/lake in her own back yard - the one for which we've threatened to post "No Wake Zone" signs on our garages after spring melt and heavy summer rains.

Lori has even taught Belle a new cue - with the help of duct tape (the miracle product), no less. Belle gets her dish! The duct tape keeps the bowl from making the horrid noise when dropped that Belle really dislikes - and mitigates that metallic feel in her mouth. And, Lori gave her egg for the treat. Belle's version of dog heaven - now she can be just like her friend Dozer, and bring her own dish at dinner time!

I can't wait to hear more. I can't wait to see her again.

No comments: