Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Wiggle My Waggles Away"

A couple of classes ago, Eileen gave us a new assignment - get our dogs to wag their tail without using treats. I know what you're thinking; they are retrievers - how hard an assignment could that be?

Sadly, at least for Belle and I, harder than you would think.

For the last two years I've worked so hard to keep inflection out of my voice - Belle treated any enthusiasm on my part as a contest to see who could be most enthusiastic and she always won. Now, the only time my voice gets wild wags is when I've been away for awhile.

I guess I just found another reason to wish that Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak wasn't just fiction. Heaven help us both if we have to resort to Raffi*.

*The title of this post is a phrase from the song, "Shake Your Sillies Out". To hear a preview of the song, click the link above, click on the Play arrow at the top left of the iTunes page.

No comments: