Saturday, February 17, 2007

Life with a service dog - by Dog Lady

Life with a service dog - by Dog Lady is the title of an inspired blog written by a Helping Paws graduate, Mary about life with her service dog, Emma (pictured at right). Lynn and Koda (thanks, Lynn!) told me about the blog and I've added the link to my favorite links. I think it should be required reading for all foster homes.

Mary's funny, happy, sometimes sad, often poignant stories about her disability (MS), Emma and their adventures together since Emma and Mary began working together in October, 2005 is dramatic testimony of the value of the service dogs whose training we are entrusted to provide. I hope all who read this can take the time to read at least a few of her stories. Her "Kleenex" post is a classic! I guarantee you will be touched.

No comments: